Permits are issued to burn only natural items like pine straw, limbs, leaves, and grass that have been cut and put in a small pile.
A permit is issued and accepted on the condition of compliance with all ordinance provisions in effect. This permit does not replace any license required by law and is non-transferable. Any change in use or occupancy of the premises shall require a new permit. This permit must at all times be posted on the premises. This permit is only accepted for the day it was obtained. This permit is free of charge. It is for record keeping and informational purposes to ensure public safety and adherence to environmental guidelines.
The following restrictions apply to burning:
• Burning shall be limited to piles no higher than four feet, nor longer than eight feet.
• Tree limbs larger than four inches or longer than two feet, or tree stumps may not be burned.
• Burning of yards is prohibited in the City of Hinesville.
• No person shall leave a fire which has been lawfully started out of doors while the same is still burning, but shall remain in the vicinity of the fire until it has been extinguished.
• The fire shall be under observation at all times while it is burning by a competent person starting the same or someone specifically designated to do so. No person under the age of 18 years shall be deemed competent.
• Tools needed to control the fire must be with the person attending the fire at all times. A charged water hose that will reach beyond the burning pile shall be maintained at all times while burning is being conducted.
• All fires shall be extinguished before sunset on the day of the burning.
• No household trash may be burned.
• No material or substance which emits noxious or poisonous gasses may be burned within the City of Hinesville. For example: rubber tires, batteries, PVC, clothing, sawn lumber, pressure treated lumber, etc. can not be burned.
• Gasoline, deisel fuel, and kerosene may not be used to ignite the fires.
Please fill in the permit information below. There is no fee for this permit.